Kaushal Silva and Upul Tharanga were the stars with the bat as they stroked fifties. However, R Ashwin struck thrice and gave India an outside chance but Silva held firm and the match was drawn. For India, the positives were the performance of Ishant Sharma and Ajinkya Rahane. Rahane scored a century while Ishant picked up 5/23 to wreck the SL Board XI in the first innings. Catch all the highlights here.
* Kaushal Silva’s unbeaten 83 pushes SL Board XI to 200/6 and the match has been drawn.
* SL Board XI are crumbling here. Amit Mishra gets his first wicket and he gets Shehan Jayasuriya for 5. India are closing in on a win with the hosts on 154/6
* Ashwin on fire here. He picks up his third wicket, gets rid of Kusal Janith Perera for 1. India have a real chance here as SL Board XI are 140/5.
* India have come out all guns blazing after the tea break. R Ashwin strikes twice in one over. He sends back Tharanga for 52 and with the last ball of his over, accounts for Milinda Siriwardana for 4. Suddenly, SL Board XI are 136/4 in the final session.
* Tea has been taken on the final day and the hosts are in a decent position. Kaushal Silva has scored a gritty fifty but Upul Tharanga has been aggressive, racing to 44 off just 39 balls. SL Board XI are 120/2.
* Tharanga is going after R Ashwin, slamming him for two fours and a six as the offspinner concedes 15 runs in his second over. The partnership has gone past 50 and SL Board XI are scoring at a rate of over seven currently. SL Board XI 118/2.
* Kaushal Silva scores a gritty 50 as hosts hang in. The partnership between him and Upul Tharanga is also going strong. SL Board XI 103/2
* Harbhajan Singh breaks the gritty 45-run stand. Lahiru Thirimanne falls for 18, caught by Rahane. SL Board XI 59/2.
* Lahiru Thirimanne and Kaushal Silva are spending some valuable time out in the middle. Both these batsmen have been picked in the Test squad against India and they will be aiming to make a mark in this warm-up. SL Board XI are 34/1.
(Also read: Sri Lanka announce squad for Tests vs India)
* Early jolt for the Lankans as Varun Aaron removes D de Silva for 6. SL Board XI 14/1.
* India bowled out for 180. SL Board XI need a daunting 411 to win this match.
* Rahane is back in the middle. He scored a ton in the 1st innings. Can he propel India once again. The tourists are nine wickets down though.
* Out! Varun Aaron’s brief stay at the crease comes to an end.
* Out! Amit Mishra falls for seven. He is trapped LBW.
* Out! Harbhajan is unable to take forward the innings by much either India now 121/7.
* Out! Ashwin is dismissed off the first delivery he faces. Amit Mishra walks out in his place. India 112/6.
* Pujara and Rahul do not come out. Instead, it is Ashwin and Harbhajan who resume the innings for India.
* The latest from Colombo is that Team India Director Ravi Shastri has joined the players in the middle.
Ishant claimed an impressive five-wicket haul to restrict Sri Lanka Board President’s XI to 121 in their first innings on Friday. (Complete Day 2 report)
Lokesh Rahul (47) and Cheteshwar Pujara (31) were the unbeaten batsmen at stumps on the second day as the visitors scored 112/3 in 40 overs at the R. Premadasa Stadium. (Also read: Ishant promises to come out hard against Sangakkara)
(With inputs from IANS)