After a convincing all-round performance against South Africa ‘A’, India ‘A’ failed to repeat it the Aussies in Chennai on Monday. Catch all the highlights here:
*It’s all over! A 3-wicket win for Australia A and they are in the final.
* WICKET! Sandeep gets Zampa, India A have a late strike. Australia A 258/7.
* Zampa and Ferguson taking Aussies to brink of win. Australia A 253/6.
* Karn Sharma struck twice in two overs to get rid of Lynn (63) in the and Handscomb (19) but the Aussies are course for an easy win – they are 171/4 in 32 overs, chasing 259 to win
*Australia A are going along well in their pursuit of 259, thanks to Chris Lynn’s fifty – Aus A 152/2 in 25.5 overs
* Aussie openers Usman Khwaja and Travis Head got the visitors off to a great start before the former fell to Rishi Dhawan for 18. Australia A are 59/1 in 9 overs, chasing 259
* India A post 258/9 after 50 overs thanks to fifties by Agarwal and Pandey. Agar was the pick of the Aussie bowlers with five wickets.
* Pandey retired hurt after colliding with Wade but came back to make a gutsy fifty before falling to Sandhu. India A 239/8 with three overs left in their innings
* It has been a fine spell by Agar, who finished with figures of 5/39 from his 10 overs to leave India A reeling. The hosts are 184/6 in 39.4 overs with Manish Pandey (22 no) and Karn Sharma (13 no) on strike
* Sanju Samson (23 not out) has taken charge for the Indians – he has been slow but steady after the hosts lost two key wickets to Agar. India A 149/4 in 30.2 overs. Axar Patel (12 not out) is looking good at the other end
* Ashton Agar pulls things back for the Aussies, removing Agarwal (61) and Jadhav (0) off successive balls. Samson helps avert the hat-trick but India A are in a spot of bother at 98/3 in 19 overs
* India A are going rather strong now, thanks to Mayank Agarwal, who has followed up his hundred with a fine fifty – the hosts are 85/1 after 16 overs
* Manish Pandey retires hurt for 7 after colliding with Aussie wicketkeeper Wade. Looks like Pandey might need a few stitches. Karun Nair joins Agarwal at the crease. India A 38/1 in 8.1 overs
* Chand falls to Pattinson for 5. India A 26/1 in 6.2 overs. Manish Pandey joins Agarwal in the middle.
* India A are 25/0 after 6 overs – Agarwal 19 not out, Chand 5 not out
* India A won the toss and decided to bat vs Australia A
India A were oustanding against the Proteas, first bowling them out for 244 despite a fine hundred by Quinton de Kock. Chasing a modest total on a difficult pitch, the Indians were off to a great start.
Openers Mayank Agarwal and Unmukt Chand shared a 219-run stand to bat the Africans out of the match. While Agarwal slammed 130, Chand missed a hundred by 10 runs. India A coach Rahul Dravid had urged his wards to up their game and they responded in spectacular fashion. (Read full report)
South African Cricketers Down With Food Poisoning
Ten South Africa A players have been hospitalised due to “food poisoning”, including four on Sunday after playing their tri-series cricket match against India A here, the visiting team management said. Opener Quinton de Kock, who hit 108 in his side’s eight-wicket loss, was rushed to a city hospital after the game, while three others were also hospitalised during the course of the match. The Proteas, who were supposed to play the Aussies on Monday, will now be replaced by India A.