I don’t mean to state the obvious, but I know you have heard that famous saying, “A picture is worth a thousand words.” It’s true!
Take a look around you the next time you open your computer, tablet, or phone. Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram are dominating social media, and the main reason is because they are visually based. If you are not creating branded images to build your online presence, you are missing out on a very successful content marketing tactic.
Did you know that:
- Articles with images get 94% more total views?
- Including a photo or a video in a press release increases views by over 45%?
- 60% of consumers are more likely to consider or contact a business when an image shows up in local search results?
- The engagement rate on Facebook for photos averages 0.37% where text only is 0.27% (This translates to a 37% higher level of engagement for photos over text.)
Tips for creating an image for your brand:
- Square images can be used across all platforms.
- Place text in the middle 1/3 of the image so that it isn’t cut off when posted to various social media platforms.
- Include a picture that “speaks a 1000 words” on its own.
- Always include your URL on the image.