Video Shows E-Cigarette Exploding In Man’s Pants ‘Like It’s Fourth Of July’

A New York City man was reportedly hospitalized Wednesday after an electronic cigarette exploded in his pants pocket in a fiery scene that was compared to the Fourth of July.

Video shows Otis Gooding, 31, working behind the counter of Grand Central Terminal’s Central Cellars wine store when flames suddenly shoot out of his pants.

“His pocket just engulfed in flames. There were sparks. I thought it was fireworks like Fourth of July,” Gooding’s coworker, John Lee, told ABC 7 News. “I thought he had a pocket full of fireworks and then I realized he had an e-cigarette.”

Lee described the device as one that uses a high-voltage battery. There’s no indication why it caught fire, he added.

Shares 0

You must be logged in to post a comment Login